Tour Provider Membership Registration
Step 1 of 3: Get acquainted with TravelDragon's membership rules, terms and fees
Dear representative of Adventure Canada,
Thanks for your interest being part of TravelDragon. Please take a minute to read about how TravelDragon works below.
We have gone through the process of adding your company and 14 of its trips as we feel they are a good match for the site. Should you prefer to have your trips removed from our site or have questions please contact email@example.com. You will not received leads until the TravelDragon terms agreement is signed (see below). You may also want to review our information for providers page.
How we operate
Travel providers become TravelDragon partners based on recommendations and reputation within the industry, feedback from past guests, commitment sustainable travel practices, awards and affiliations.
We are not a booking site but rather a high quality search engine which connects consumers who have found relevant offerings directly with your staff. TravelDragon can store custom as well as fixed departure itineraries, excursions (less than one day activities) and unique properties (or associations representing multiple properties eg. barges, villas, ranches.
The site currently promotes over 6,000 trips and accommodations offered by over 700 tourism organizations operating in over 140 countries.
Operators agree to pay a 10% commission on leads that covert to confirmed booking. There are currently no listing fees to be part of TravelDragon. Thus you are only asked to pay based on our performance.
Leads are sent to you via email and customers can request catalogs, a return phone call, or an email reply. Consumers can also directly visit your websites and contact you via Skype. To receive leads, Adventure Canada must agree to set up TravelDragon in their system as an affiliate partner/agent. You must assign all types of leads to TravelDragon, as well as ensure that the sales staff is familiar with TravelDragon and how to assign leads. We believe in forming high quality relationships based on trust and expect you to engage with us based on a goal of mutual success. Before we can send you leads directly, you will be asked to electronically sign the TravelDragon Strategic Partnership Terms (the legal document with details on financials, lead capturing, etc). This page will appear the first time you access TravelDragon as an approved editor/member.
Provider profile and trips/accommodations:
Upon acceptance, and after completing the registration steps below, you will be given access to TravelDragon's admin area with editorial rights to add trips and update the profile for Adventure Canada. TravelDragon has the ability to initially load some of your content, however you will be agreeing to log in and update relevant information moving forward.
Can anyone join?
All of our members share the following characteristics:
- A strong commitment to responsible & sustainable travel practices that benefit the people of the local economy and conserve the environment
- A focus on high-quality, small-group, experience-based products that are appropriate for age 40+ travelers interested in comfort, local experiences, safety, and high quality guides (if applicable)
- An office staff which can communicate promptly and directly with the needs of these travelers
- An understanding that although some travelers may be much younger than 40, all products made available on TravelDragon should consider the above characteristics
We believe travel has the ability to effect positive change in the world. Our goal is to facilitate the connection between mindful travelers and high quality tour operators and accommodations owners committed to responsible travel practices. Our focus is on small-group, experience-based, authentic travel offerings. Our search and filter tools allow us to generate extremely high quality booking inquires directly to you.
If you are still excited about working with TravelDragon, please complete the profile below.
Kathy Dragon, Chief Curator, CEO
This site is owned and operated by TravelDragon, Inc., a Colorado Corporation. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At TravelDragon, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION TravelDragon GATHERS AND TRACKS
TravelDragon gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys.
- Information TravelDragon gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances does TravelDragon divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
TravelDragon Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Bookmarking/Storing Tours: TravelDragon allows members to bookmark trips for future review. Please be aware that these trips may be changed by the providers and/or no longer be available.
- Contact Providers: we have made every attempt to provide updated contact information for providers. This is for the purpose of allowing travelers to contact companies for travel purposes, not to solicit from them. Our goal is for providers to respond to requests in a timely manner. We are not responsible for the interaction between travelers and providers.
- Electronic newsletters policy
We may offer a free electronic newsletter to users. TravelDragon gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
- Message boards/forums policy/blogging policy
Users of the site's Message Boards, Blogs and Forums must register separately for these services (both are free of charge) in order to post messages, although they needn't register to visit the site. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address.
- "E-mail this to a friend" policy
Our site will allow users to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking "e-mail this to a friend". The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. TravelDragon may use a system to "tag" users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
TravelDragon may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
TravelDragon will allow users of the site to post their own ratings and reviews about their experiences with adventure tour operators. While TravelDragon owns this data, we do not proactively monitor these postings and claim no responsibility for the posting of inaccurate or inappropriate information. Because this information is posted in the public domain, it is accessible by all visitors of TravelDragon.com. If we are made aware of such postings, TravelDragon will use our best and reasonable efforts to correct any inaccurate and inappropriate postings from our users.
- Curator/Expert Content
TravelDragon will allow selected Curators/Experts to post their own content including photos, videos, and written content about their experiences. While TravelDragon owns this data, we do not proactively monitor these postings and claim no responsibility for the posting of inaccurate or inappropriate information. Because this information is posted in the public domain, it is accessible by all visitors of TravelDragon.com. If we are made aware of such postings, TravelDragon will use our best and reasonable efforts to remove any inaccurate and inappropriate postings from our users, but claim no responsibility if a user of TravelDragon.com uses this misinformation in a way that results in harm. TravelDragon reserves the right to reuse this expert content, written and multi-media, in other areas of TravelDragon's business and will make its best efforts to cite the expert source, but holds itself harmless against any copywrite claims should TravelDragon omit citations for such content.
- All Written and Multimedia Content
TravelDragon will allow consumers (travelers) and experts to post their own content including photos, videos, and written content about their experiences. While TravelDragon owns this data, we do not proactively monitor these postings and claim no responsibility for the posting of inaccurate or inappropriate information. Because this information is posted in the public domain, it is accessible by all visitors of TravelDragon.com. If we are made aware of such postings, TravelDragon will use our best and reasonable efforts to remove any inaccurate and inappropriate postings from our users, but claim no responsibility if a user of TravelDragon.com uses this misinformation in a way that results in harm. TravelDragon reserves the right to reuse this content, written and multi-media, in other areas of TravelDragon's business and will make its best efforts to cite the source, but holds itself harmless against any copywrite claims should TravelDragon omit citations for such content.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
TravelDragon tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. TravelDragon does break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
TravelDragon sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
USE OF INFORMATION
TravelDragon uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we may use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We may send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. TravelDragon never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don't track which terms a particular user enters.
TravelDragon creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don't track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
TravelDragon uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience's demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
TravelDragon operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.
You are welcome to post, transmit or submit messages and other materials (“Content”) to the site’s Message Boards, Blogs and Forums (collectively, “Interactive Areas”). In order to keep these Interactive Areas enjoyable and suitable for all our users, we ask that you follow the rules listed below. By participating in any of our Interactive Areas you are consenting to, and agreeing to abide by these rules.
You agree that you are fully responsible for the Content that you post. You agree to limit the Content you post to the subject matter for which the Interactive Areas are intended. You agree to not use the Service to:
You will indemnify TravelDragon, Inc., its parents and affiliates together with their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, from and against any claims, liabilities, damages and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) related to or arising out of any Content you have posted.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an TravelDragon official, forum leader, supplier, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the site;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the site or servers or networks connected to the site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another; and/or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs a through m above.
You understand and agree that TravelDragon is not responsible for any Content posted by you or any other third party. You further understand that TravelDragon does not endorse and has no control over the Content posted in the Interactive Areas by third parties, and cannot vouch for its accuracy or reliability. You also understand that TravelDragon has no responsibility to monitor the Interactive Areas for inappropriate Content posted by users. Even if TravelDragon chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Interactive Areas, we nonetheless assume no responsibility for the Content of the postings. However, TravelDragon reserves the right to prevent you from posting Content to the Interactive Areas and to edit, restrict or remove your Content for any reason at any time.
You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by TravelDragon or submitted to TravelDragon including without limitation information in the Interactive Areas and in all other parts of the site.
You agree not to post Content that contains advertising, is for commercial purposes, or solicits a person to buy or sell products or services or make donations, unless TravelDragon approves such posts in designated areas of the website.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that TravelDragon may access, preserve and disclose your registration information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms and Conditions; (c) respond to claims that Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of TravelDragon, its users and the public.
If at any time you are not happy with the Interactive Areas or object to any material within the Interactive Areas, your sole remedy is to stop using them.